Thursday, February 23, 2012

Blondie Brownies

Doesn't that look amazing? I promise, it tastes even better. I love blondie brownies. Warm, chewy, almost caramely. If I kept ice cream in the house, it would have been perfect with a scoop of vanilla on top. This is a Southern Living favorite. The recipe makes a 13x9 pan, but I usually split it between a 9x9 and a pie pan so that I can freeze one of them to enjoy later. I also line my pans with aluminum foil so that they are easy to clean and easy to move to a freezer Ziploc.

Blondie Brownies

1 16-oz. package light brown sugar
3/4 c. butter (1 1/2 sticks)
3 large eggs
2 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350F. Melt butter and brown sugar together in a medium size saucepan or small stockpot over medium-low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool slightly. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with an electric mixer after each addition. I mix it in the existing pot. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and mix with a spatula until smooth. Stir in the vanilla. Pour into a greased and floured (or greased and foil-lined) 13x9 pan (or multiple pans). Bake at 350F for approximately 25 minutes (less if you are using smaller pans), until the top starts to crinkle along the edges (see below) and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. They should be light golden in color.

No comments:

Post a Comment